2022 Financial Results
- Strong sales growth in the fourth quarter:
- Organic growth of 5.9%
- Very high demand for respiratory panels within the “tripledemic” (Flu/Covid/RSV) context
- Remarkable growth in non-respiratory panels and Industrial Applications
- Strong performance in 2022 with robust full-year sales and 18.5% contributive operating margin, above initial expectations
- Full-year sales at €3,589 million with a reported growth of +6.3%
- Almost neutral organic growth of +0.2%, thanks to a strong growth of BIOFIRE® non-respiratory panels, a solid growth of Microbiology and Industrial Applications, offsetting the slowdown in Immunoassays and stable sales for respiratory panels
- Contributive operating income at €664 million, representing an operating margin of 18.5%, lower than exceptionally high level of 2021, but significantly higher than pre-pandemic margin levels Contributive operating income at €664 million representing an operating margin of 18.5%, lower than exceptionally high level of 2021, but significantly higher than pre-pandemic margin levels
- Confirmed 2023 guidance
- In 2023, excluding respiratory panels, sales growth is expected to reach +8% to +10% at constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation, driven by a solid growth of BIOFIRE® non-respiratory panels as well as Microbiology and Industrial applications. Assuming a slowdown for respiratory panels sales, total Group sales would be evolving within a +4% to +6% range on a like-for-like basis.
- Contributive operating income before non-recurring items should be in a range of €600 million to €630 million, at forecasted exchange rates, including a €40 million estimated unfavorable foreign exchange impact.