Our Innovation strategy
Innovation is one of the pillars of bioMérieux’s strategy, rooted in our longstanding entrepreneurial tradition. For over 55 years, our Company has been innovating to drive progress in pathogen detection and identification.
True to our pioneering spirit, our R&D teams combine their knowledge of medicine with emerging techniques and new technologies to combat infectious diseases worldwide. At bioMérieux, innovation aims to reach two priority goals:
- increase the medical and predictive value of the results delivered by our diagnostic tests.
- improve laboratory workflow and optimize their overall operational performance.
Our innovation approach is based on:
- Internal innovation programs;
- Multidisciplinary, international public and private collaborations with academic research institutions, the medical and scientific community, and cutting-edge biotech companies;
- Pivotal strategic acquisitions that enhance our product portfolio with new technologies.
With our pioneering approach, bioMérieux has embraced the principles of open innovation, a model based on sharing knowledge and competencies while promoting cooperation among businesses. We take part in programs developed in countries that are the focal points of global research and leading expertise today.