We firmly believe that connecting with patients and external scientific stakeholders is essential to create value for both our company and society.
By embedding their engagement within our routine activities, we can better take into account their expectations when developing our solutions, inform and raise awareness on the key role of diagnostics and antimicrobial stewardship, and act collectively against infectious diseases.
We recently launched a global initiative to enhance patient value, based on three pillars:
- Educational collaborations with patient associations to raise awareness on the medical & economic value of IVD, focusing on Sepsis and AMR
- Involving patients in the definition of bioMérieux’s innovation strategy and product development process
- Highlighting the voice of the patient through patient engagement and testimonials in bioMérieux’s internal & external communication
To ensure that our interactions with patient organizations are consistent with our high ethical standards, all bioMérieux team members interacting with patients and patient organizations commit to respecting our Patient Value Strategy.
Our patient associations partnerships in 2021:
- Sepsis Alliance: bioMérieux supports the creation of a digital platform aimed at connecting sepsis survivors with resources and a community.
- The UK Sepsis Trust: bioMérieux and The UK Sepsis Trust collaborated to conduct a survey on European perspectives on IVD, AMR & Sepsis, and look forward to further collaboration in the near future.
- Instituto Latino Americano de Sepse – ILAS: bioMérieux supports the creation of the project "Reabilita Sepse", a dedicated website for the clinic sepsis diagnosis and support for the long term care of sepsis survivors.
- France Sepsis Association: bioMérieux supports the creation of the French chapter of the Global Sepsis Alliance.
- Health First Europe: bioMérieux supports the creation of the first pan-European patient group against antimicrobial resistance, coordinated by Health First Europe.
- France Rein: bioMérieux and France Rein produced a video testimonial of one of the association’s members suffering from a kidney disease, which was publicly released during World Kidney Day.