Diversity & inclusion
I belong. You belong. We belong.
At bioMérieux, we support the inclusion, well-being and development of our team members, who all help save lives. We are convinced that by considering our entire ecosystem and the public interest will we be able to succeed in building a healthier world and a more inclusive society.
At bioMérieux, we value the differences of our team members, our partners and our customers. We are committed to creating a culture of belonging and acceptance where all feel respected, supported and included. We know that the diversity of our team fosters innovations along with competitive differentiation, and supports our ability to achieve our public health mission. We believe in the richness of difference to support the Company's ability to grow and evolve.
- Today, 48% of our employees are women and 45% of management positions are held by women. We want to go even further and improve the representation of women in the highest levels of responsibility. In this spirit, we have set ourselves the objective of having more than 40% of women in the Company's management team* by 2025.
- In 2022, bioMérieux was ranked #14 on the Forbes list of The World's Top Female-Friendly Companies.
- At bioMérieux in 2023, the proportion of women was 27% within the Management Committee (with 9 members in December 2023) and 22% of senior executives (France scope).
- We were also a part of the top 2% of companies ranked in terms of gender equality in the Top 100 of Equileap's 2021 Gender Equality Global Report & Ranking.
- In France in 2023, bioMérieux obtained a score of 93 out of 100 in the gender equality index.
At bioMérieux, we believe that we have a shared ownership and need to work collectively to make our teams more inclusive. As we continue to grow and evolve, breaking down the barriers that bias creates takes our collective commitment. We want to go even further and improve the representation of our team members in the highest levels of responsibility.
We have put in place organizational goals to increase underrepresented groups in our leadership, to have more inclusion awareness opportunities in the organization and to have more than 35% of international profiles in the Company’s management team* by 2025.
* executives reporting directly to the Executive Committee with a global Corporate mission
Supporting differently abled people
At bioMérieux, promoting inclusion of differently abled people has been a longstanding commitment.
In 2022, we renewed our commitment by signing a collective four-year agreement. The percentage of team members with disabilities stood at 6.36%, exceeding the legal minimum.
We set up a couple of actions to help our differently abled team members, among which:
The Company implements policies and programs for the employment of people with disabilities in other countries, based on local regulations.
In the United States, a diversity task force sponsored a virtual safe space to support its employees with disabilities.