This initiative rests on three pillars:
- Launching collaborations with Patient associations in all countries where we are present. For example, bioMérieux sponsors and actively supports the creation of Europe’s first AMR Patient Group (http://healthfirsteurope.eu/topic/amr-patient-group/);
- Associating patient organizations to bioMérieux’s innovation strategy through a representative Patient Value board to integrate the patient’s perspective;
- Raising bioMérieux employees’ Patient value mindset, through various communications and internal events.
A charter dedicated to patient value:
To ensure that our interactions with patient organization are consistent with our high ethical standards, all employees interacting with patients and patient organizations commit to respect our Patient Value Charter and the following core principles:
- Clarity of purpose
- Respect for laws, regulations and bioMérieux policies and procedures
- Integrity and respect
- Fair and balanced information
Our 2021 partnerships with patient associations:
- Sepsis Alliance: bioMérieux supports the creation of a digital platform aimed at connecting sepsis survivors with resources and a community.
- The UK Sepsis Trust: bioMérieux and The UK Sepsis Trust collaborated to conduct a survey on European perspectives on IVD, AMR & Sepsis, and look forward to further collaboration in the near future.
- Instituto Latino Americano de Sepse – ILAS: bioMérieux supports the creation of the project "Reabilita Sepse", a dedicated website for the clinic sepsis diagnosis and support for the long term care of sepsis survivors.
- France Sepsis Association: bioMérieux supports the creation of the French chapter of the Global Sepsis Alliance.
- Health First Europe: bioMérieux supports the creation of the first pan-European patient group against antimicrobial resistance, coordinated by Health First Europe.