VIDAS® COVID-19 Serology Tests
Two immunoassay tests to detect IgM & IgG antibodies
VIDAS® SARS-COV-2 IgM and VIDAS® SARS-COV-2 IgG II automated assays rapidly detect antibodies to help identify individuals with previous exposure to SARS-CoV-2.
Disclaimer: Product availability varies by country. Please consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country.
- VIDAS SARS-COV-2
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS‑CoV‑2) is a novel coronavirus discovered in China in December 2019 that has led to an unprecedented global pandemic. It causes coronavirus disease 19 (COVID‑19), a respiratory illness with symptoms ranging from mild to severe with possible progression to pneumonia, multiorgan failure, and even to death. Identification of individuals who have been infected by this new virus is key for better management of the patients and to face the COVID-19 health crisis.
VIDAS® SARS-COV-2 IgM (9COM) and VIDAS® SARS-COV-2 IgG II (9COG) use a two-step sandwich enzyme immunoassay method with a final fluorescence detection (ELFA). For use on any VIDAS® instrument, they offer flexibility and reliability for results in less than 30 minutes.
VIDAS® SARS-COV-2 Advantages
- Single dose automated tests for greater flexibility
- All-inclusive, small-size kits
- Security and simplicity with less handling
- Long shelf life (12 months) and easy storage
- Reagents ready-to-use in sealed, single-use strips
- Two tests with same protocols to differentiate IgM & IgG results:
- VIDAS® SARS-COV-2 IgM to detect IgM specific for SARS-CoV-2
- VIDAS® SARS-COV-2 IgG II to detect IgG specific for SARS-CoV-2
Rapid Results You Can Count On
- Available on-demand 24/7 on all VIDAS® platforms
- Reliable results in less than 30 minutes
- Performance with high specificity and sensitivity from day 8
- Results help provide additional pandemic analysis data
Ease of Use on any VIDAS® Instrument
- Automated ELFA technology
- All assay steps performed automatically by instrument
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Limited maintenance, calibration, and controls
- Reliable and easy-to-use instruments with random access and small footprint.
- Well adapted to rapid response laboratories.
- Factory-calibrated, Single-dose tests which reduce the need for additional controls.
- Short time to result.
- Reagents can be used immediately after removal from the refrigerator.
|Tests per Kit
|Time to Result
|VIDAS® SARS-COV-2 IgG II
|Semi Quantitative Test: Positive, Negative
|VIDAS® SARS-COV-2 IgM
|Qualitative Test: Negative, Positive