The frequency and quality of the Company’s labor relations are important assets for:
- building employee competencies to adapt to a changing environment (technologies, methods, markets,…)
- fostering innovation,
- attracting and retaining talented employees,
- engaging and motivating employees and encouraging team spirit within the Company.
Social partners therefore contribute to informing the general management of employees’ needs, satisfactions, difficulties and questions, and to helping employees understand the technical, competitive and economic challenges that the company is facing and the decisions that are made to address them.
This close collaboration enriches projects on subjects that are important for bioMérieux’s relationship with its employees and for the future of the Group:
- agreements on the job category, compensation and skills development of employees,
- advice from Works Councils on essential subjects such as the evolution of the organization and the implementation of agreements,
- proposals and monitoring of hygiene, safety and working conditions by the Committee for health, safety and working conditions (CHSCT),
- answers to individual or group requests presented by employee representatives.
Works Council meetings
The European Works Council, gathering personnel representatives from France, Italy, Spain and Germany, meets at least twice a year.
Freedom of association
The freedom of association is a fundamental right that bioMérieux respects in all of its companies.