Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has been in the genes of bioMérieux since its creation. Given the growing expectations of society on these subjects, a new step was taken in 2020 with the formalization of our ambition, and the definition of the main challenges on which we are committed to improving our positive impact.
Our new CSR ambition is an integral part of our strategic roadmap and is based on 5 pillars:
- Health, by developing innovative in vitro diagnostics solutions to improve public health worldwide;
- Planet, with the deployment of eco-responsible action plans to make the planet a healthier place to live;
- Healthcare ecosystem, by stimulating more intensive dialogue with stakeholders (including patients) and integrate it into our governance;
- Employees, with a focus on delivering outstanding safety performance and expanding the commitment to inclusion and diversity;
- Extended company, by fostering long-term partnerships to increase the Company’s positive impact in its host communities.
UN Sustainable Development Goals
Through our activities, bioMérieux supports the advancement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), which aim to guide companies' efforts to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. Among these SDGs, here are the ones to which we contribute the most:
Each year since 2003, we have renewed our support for the United Nations Global Compact. bioMérieux has committed to respecting the key principles set out in the Global Compact, based on four pillars: respect for human rights, labor conditions, the environment and the fight against corruption.
Recognition of our corporate social responsibility policy
bioMérieux’s social, corporate and environmental commitment has been recognized for a number of years by non-financial rating agencies that evaluate its CSR performance and have included it in their SRI (socially-responsible investing) indicators.