What We Do
- In clinical applications, the Company offers a wide range of solutions mainly for managing infectious diseases.
- For the agri-food, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries, bioMérieux provides solutions for the enumeration of microbial flora, detection of specific pathogenic bacteria, monitoring of air and surface quality and sterility testing.
- A strong commitment and a long-term vision (family-owned company).
- World leader in clinical microbiology.
- Leader in industrial microbiological control for the agri-food, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries.
- Leader in the syndromic molecular diagnosis of infectious diseases.
- A broad international footprint.
- € 2.3 billion in sales (as of Dec. 31, 2017)
- 2 main applications:
- Clinical Diagnostics: ~ 80% of sales,
- Industrial Microbiology: ~ 18% of sales.
- 11,100 employees (full-time equivalents) at the end of December 2018.
- Present in more than 150 countries through 43 subsidiaries,
- Over 90% of international sales.
- 19 production sites
- 20 R&D sites
- bioMérieux is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris.