In this context and in line with its commitments as a responsible and humanist company, bioMérieux has decided to exceptionally distribute 50% of its 2019 dividend, representing €22 million, as corporate philanthropy to support solidarity initiatives in the countries where the Company operates.
Among this €22 million:
- 12 million euros have been dedicated to the Fondation Mérieux, in addition to our usual support, to combat infectious diseases that affect developing countries (in 2020, the Fondation Mérieux has redirected some of its programs to the fight against COVID-19 in the countries where we operate),
- 2 million euros have been allocated to “L’Entreprise des Possibles” to provide aid for the homeless and the most vulnerable,
in Lyon and its surroundings,
- 8 million euros will be awarded between the 60 projects selected worldwide thanks to the participation of the regions, clusters and subsidiaries of bioMérieux.
We have targeted projects that address the following issues:
- School drop-out and child welfare,
- Social isolation of elderly, disabled, sick or vulnerable people,
- Solidarity & mutual aid,
- Economic recovery & professional reinsertion,
- Domestic violence and sexual abuse.
Discover the 60 projects selected worldwide by bioMérieux's teams in the countries where the Company is present to help those populations particularly affected by the economic and social crisis related to the COVID-19 pandemic.