Marcy-l'Étoile – bioMérieux, a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics, today released its adjusted outlook for full-year 2022 and a preview of 2023 guidance.
Increased outlook for full-year 2022
In light of an unusually early and rapid increase in influenza infections, along with a continued high incidence of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and ongoing endemic COVID-19, BIOFIRE® respiratory panel sales will be higher than forecasted in Q4.
Therefore, full-year 2022 net sales are now expected to be stable at constant exchange rates (vs. previously: upper end of -6% to -3% range) and contributive operating income before non-recurring items to be above €660 million (previously: upper end of €580M - €625M range).
Preview of 2023 Guidance
In 2023, excluding respiratory panels, sales growth is expected to reach +8% to +10% on a like for like basis, driven by a solid growth of BIOFIRE® non-respiratory panels as well as Microbiology and Industrial applications
- Sales of non-respiratory BIOFIRE® panels are expected to pursue a strong growth, around mid-teens in 2023, thanks to their high medical value, the broad menu offering and cross-selling on the large BioFire installed base.
- Sales of Microbiology and Industrial applications are expected to grow high single digit, including price increases, while Immunoassays should return to growth.
- Respiratory panels sales are foreseen to slow down, assuming a medium flu season at the end of 2023 compared to the current strong one in Q4 2022.
Above expected 2023 business trends would lead to total next year sales organic growth evolving within a +4% to +6% range. Contributive operating income before non-recurring items should be within a range of €600 to €630 million, at forecasted exchange rates.
- Sales growth and price increases should almost fully offset cost inflation, while exchange rates effects would be approximately 40 M€ negative.
- bioMérieux will pursue its investment in new products, with several key launches in 2023, to be supported by R&D, commercial operations and medical affairs.
Those 2023 perspectives are subject to revision while communicating our yearly results on March, 8th 2023.
Read the full press release
- 177 KB