- bioMérieux fully mobilized against COVID-19 epidemic
- Organic growth of more than 20% at constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation over the first quarter:
- €769 million in sales
- Up 21.5% as reported
- Sharp sales increase for molecular biology product lines, driven by exceptional demand for respiratory tests
- Negative impact expected from the slowdown in routine laboratory business, but only minor effects observed so far
- 2020 objectives withdrawn due to a lack of visibility on all the consequences of the global health crisis
Alexandre Mérieux, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said: “In this unprecedented health crisis, the in vitro diagnostics industry is playing a crucial role in the fight against the COVID-19 epidemic. Since January, bioMérieux has been working hard to develop SARS-CoV-2 diagnostic solutions for health professionals. Some of the solutions are already available to laboratories, while others will round them out soon. Our teams have shown unwavering commitment to developing, manufacturing and delivering our diagnostic solutions and supporting our customers. Given the unprecedented and rapidly evolving nature of the crisis, we have withdrawn our objectives until we have better visibility".