The Board of Directors of bioMérieux, a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics, met on March 1 under the chairmanship of Alexandre Mérieux and approved the audited consolidated financial statements for the year ending December 31, 2021.
- 2021 full-year sales of €3,376 million, up 10.5 % like-for-like
- Strong sales performance in the fourth quarter, with organic growth of 6.5 % led by a high demand for respiratory panels and solid microbiology sales
- Record level of contributive operating income before non-recurring items in 2021, at €801 million, or 23.7% of sales
- 2021 net income of €601 million, an increase of 49% versus 2020
- 2022 guidance:
- Sales growth is expected to remain solid in Microbiology and Industry and strong in non-respiratory BIOFIRE® panels, while COVID-related demand is assumed to decrease in 2022. Overall, 2022 sales are expected to evolve within a -7% to -3% range at constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation.
- Contributive operating income before non-recurring items should be in a range of €530 million to €610 million, at current exchange rates.
Alexandre Mérieux, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, says: “In 2021, bioMérieux delivered a remarkable performance within a volatile environment marked again by evolution of the pandemic. Non-COVID related business showed a solid performance and we strengthened our leadership in syndromic testing. In the continuing uncertainty of the global environment, bioMérieux is well positioned to address public health challenges associated with antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and also with COVID-19 eventually becoming endemic.”
- 542 KB