Our territorial development strategy is built to respond to local employment needs, skills levels, and economic and social dynamics.
For this reason, we also maintain close ties with schools and academic institutions to attract graduates and scientists who have the skills and expertise to keep pace with our evolving career tracks.
- In Durham (North Carolina), bioMérieux has forged partnerships with local colleges and several leading universities including the University of North Carolina, North Carolina State University and Duke University. We also sponsor North Carolina State University’s Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center (BTEC) and award scholarships to two students annually. Our Durham site has a highly successful internship program.
- At our Saint-Louis site (Missouri), bioMérieux employs work-study interns and Co-Ops from Washington University, St. Louis University and other universities in the state of Missouri.
- In Salt Lake City (Utah), BioFire Diagnostics partners with a number of colleges and universities: University of Utah; Brigham Young University; Weber State University; Utah State University and Salt Lake Community College.
- bioMérieux has partnered with EMLYON Business School since 2015. In 2022 we renewed our support to the school for 3 years. In particular, we are partners of the Health Club in connection with students of the Grande École Program and of the MSc in Health Management & Data Intelligence.
- Since 2014, bioMérieux has been a founding member of the Fondation Université Grenoble Alpes (UGA) which supports top-notch research and training projects and promotes equal opportunity. In 2019, we renewed our commitment for 5 more years. Since 2015, bioMérieux has also participated in the “Health 4 Life” Master’s Excellence program at the UGA by funding international studies scholarships for top students in the field.
- A member of the Founder’s Circle, in 2020, bioMérieux renewed its philanthropic agreement with the Fondation INSA Lyon (Institut National des Sciences Appliquées) for another 5 years. Our partnership promotes student progression through a scholarship program, developing the bioscience and IT education departments and supporting the Foundation's human-centered educational program for engineers.
- bioMérieux participates in the bodies of ESTBB, École Biologie-Biotech de l’UCLY (Lyon Catholic University) to help develop the programs’ curriculum in line with the new skills required by businesses.
- In 2020, we have signed a philanthropic agreement with Toulouse School of Economics (TSE) for 3 years. This partnership aims to encourage and promote basic and applied research on emerging issues in the field of health economics. This research focuses on the following two themes:
- antimicrobial resistance and the market failure to innovate in antibiotics and health-related products;
- economic evaluation of the value of innovative diagnostic technologies.
- In 2021, we signed a sponsorship agreement with the Lyon campus of École 42. The association aims to recruit and train talent in IT development, regardless of diploma or age, and free of charge. Our partnership focuses on funding the school and creating bridges between its talents and our projects.