- VIDAS® and its compact version, mini VIDAS®, have an installed base of approximately 31,000 systems worldwide, including 27,000 in clinical laboratories.
- VIDAS® 3, the new generation, was developed with healthcare professionals to meet their needs in a changing technical, organizational and regulatory environment:
- greater autonomy: tests can be performed on demand, 24 hours a day and seven days a week,
- a tailored solution with an intuitive touch screen interface,
- enhanced automation including an integrated pipetting system,
- improved traceability.
- VIDAS uses ELFA technology (Enzyme Linked Fluorescent Assay) and is based on the single-test concept.
- VIDAS changed the field of immunoassays, offering laboratories a simple and robust technique that delivers reliable and rapid results.
- It can conduct all steps of biological testing automatically and detect and/or quantify:
- antigens or toxins showing a viral or bacterial infection,
- antibodies quantifying the immune response to infection,
- markers for diseases such as cancer, metabolic diseases or hormonal disorders.
- Tests can be carried out individually or in series.
- The hourly throughput varies per instrument, with 36 tests per hour for mini VIDAS and VIDAS 3 and up to 90 tests per hour for VIDAS.
Our product offering
- The VIDAS menu comprises 98 parameters, covering a wide range of human diseases.
- Part of this menu is dedicated to high medical-value tests, including:
- VIDAS® B·R·A·H·M·S PCT, to measure levels of procalcitonin for the early diagnosis of severe bacterial infections (including sepsis). The progression of these infections depends on how early treatment is provided: in emergency departments or intensive care units, this test is a valuable resource enabling medical decisions to be made quickly.
- VIDAS® D-Dimer Exclusion™ II is recognized as the gold standard for excluding a diagnosis of deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
- VIDAS® EBV detects the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), which is responsible for 80% of infectious mononucleosis (IMN) cases. By diagnosing IMN, it is possible to avoid the unnecessary prescription of antibiotics.
- The HIV Duo Ultra and Quick are ready-to-use, automated tests for the detection of HIV infections.
- VIDAS® C. difficile Toxin A&B provides a result within only 75 minutes (as opposed to 24 to 48 hours for the reference method), allowing treatment decisions to be made and patient isolation measures to be undertaken quickly to avoid the spread of disease.
The myvidas.com website was created to bring together the more than 25,000 users in clinical laboratories. It will enable them to share their experiences and consult an unrivalled database of scientific and technical information. Through this site, VIDAS system users will be able to hone their expertise.