Protection of Personal Information
bioMérieux takes all necessary precautions — including administrative, technical and physical measures — to safeguard the personal information of our employees, customers and partners against loss, theft and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Principles for Processing Personal Data
bioMérieux strives to ensure that personal data in its possession are:
- Processed fairly and lawfully with transparency concerning the data subject (the individual);
- Collected for clearly defined, explicit and legitimate purposes, without subsequent changes that would be incompatible with these purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in order to achieve the purpose for which they are processed (data minimization);
- Accurate and, if necessary, updated;
- Stored in a format allowing the identification of the data subjects no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- Processed in such a way as to guarantee appropriate security;
- Transferred from one country to another only subject to legal or compliance advice.
Rights of Individuals
In compliance with national laws, every individual shall enjoy the following rights from any controller who processes personal data, in particular:
- To be informed about the existence and purpose of all processing of their personal data;
- To access their data, and to have the right to have their personal data rectified or blocked;
- To rapidly inform the Group manager in charge of data protection about any loss or misuse (illegal processing) of their personal data.
Personal Health Data
bioMérieux is committed to protecting the privacy of patients and the security of the health information our customers entrust to us.
Our Company is also committed to strict compliance with applicable laws governing the right to privacy and security of patients’ personal health data.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns about privacy issues or data management: PrivacyOfficer@biomerieux.com