What We Do
- In clinical applications, the Company offers a wide range of solutions for managing infectious diseases, cardiovascular diseases and targeted cancers.
- For the agri-food, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries, bioMérieux provides solutions for the enumeration of microbial flora, detection of specific pathogenic bacteria, monitoring of air and surface quality and sterility testing.
- A strong commitment and a long-term vision (family-owned company).
- World leader in clinical microbiology.
- The pioneer and number 1 in industrial microbiology for the agri-food, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries.
- A broad international footprint.
- Strong R&D investment: about 12% of sales.
- Installed base of some 84,500 instruments worldwide (as of December 31, 2015).
- € 1.965 billion in sales (as of Dec. 31, 2015)
- 2 main applications:
- Clinical Diagnostics: ~ 82% of sales,
- Industrial Microbiology: ~ 18% of sales.
- Over 9,438 employees (full-time equivalents) at the end of December 2015.
- Present in more than 150 countries through 42 subsidiaries,
- 90% of sales outside France.
- 19 production sites (nearly 3,000 employees)
- 20 R&D sites (more than 1,400 employees)
- bioMérieux is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris.