In the United States
- At Durham (North Carolina), bioMérieux has forged partnerships with local colleges and several leading universities including the University of North Carolina, North Carolina State University and Duke University. We also sponsor North Carolina State University’s Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center (BTEC) and award scholarships to two students annually. Our Durham site has a highly successful internship program.
- At our Saint-Louis site (Missouri), bioMérieux employs work-study interns and Co-Ops from Washington University, St. Louis University and other universities in the state of Missouri.
- In Salt Lake City (Utah), BioFire Diagnostics partners with a number of colleges and universities:
- University of Utah;
- Brigham Young University;
- Weber State University;
- Utah State University, where we sit on the advisory board of the College of Computing, providing career coaching for students and partner with their chapter of the National Society of Black Engineers and the Society of Women Engineers;
- and Salt Lake Community College, where we helped define the curriculum for their medical device certification program that was recently rolled out at area high schools as part of Utah’s Medical Innovations Pathways program.
- emlyon business school
Long-term partners, emlyon business school, bioMérieux and Institut Mérieux share common values such as innovation, collaboration and commitment.
In June 2021, bioMérieux and emlyon renewed their mutual commitment with the signing of a charity agreement. Through this partnership, we will be involved in education with the development of projects within the Master of Science in Management Grande École and we will support the social openness of the school to help students who cannot afford to access higher education.
We will also participate in events organized by the school and will be the official sponsor of the Alumni “Club Santé”.
As a member of the Corporate Advisory Board of emlyon business school, Alexandre Mérieux, CEO of bioMérieux, will participate in the development of the school's strategy.
- Fondation Université Grenoble Alpes
bioMérieux is also a founding member of the Fondation Université Grenoble Alpes (UGA) created in 2014. This foundation supports top-notch research and training projects and promotes equal opportunity. In 2019, the Company renewed its commitment with the Fondation UGA for five more years. Since 2015, bioMérieux has also participated in the “Health 4 Life” Master’s Excellence program at the UGA by funding international studies scholarships for top students in the field.
- Fondation INSA Lyon
In 2020, bioMérieux renewed its philanthropic agreement with the Fondation INSA Lyon (Institut National des Sciences Appliquées) for another five years. A member of the Founder’s Circle, the Company sits on the Foundation’s Board of Directors as a Qualified Personality. Our partnership involves providing scholarships to help students continue their education, developing the biosciences and information technology education departments and promoting the Fondation INSA Lyon, which supports a human-centered educational program for engineers. Each year, bioMérieux hosts interns from the school, organizes career conferences there and participates in the INSA Business Forum.
Building on this partnership, bioMérieux has become a corporate partner of the UNITECH programme for academic excellence. This program brings together eight European universities and around 20 partner businesses. It allows us to help select the best engineering students and take part in their training.
- Graduate School of Biology-Biochemistry-Biotechnology (ESTBB)
We also have longstanding partnerships with the Graduate School of Biology-Biochemistry-Biotechnology (ESTBB), one of the schools of the science faculty of the Université Catholique de Lyon. bioMérieux meets with school administrators and educational directors to help develop the programs’ curriculum in line with the new skills required by businesses. For the 2019-2020 academic year, we hosted 29 ESTBB students for internships and work-study.