As a Company, we are aware of our social responsibility and, in accordance with Article 25 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Article 12 of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR). We are committed to providing general interest responses in order to increase our positive impact as part of our sustainable development approach.
Our commitments are focused on:
- the fight against antimicrobial resistance, which represents a serious threat to public health globally, and on antibiotic stewardship because the overuse and misuse of these treatments has severe consequences for health and the environment.
- acting to prevent epidemic in low- and middle-income countries
- the action of Mérieux Foundation and Fondation Christophe et Rodolphe Mérieux in order to facilitate access to diagnostics and to fight against infectious diseases.
- philanthropy and sponsorship in the countries where the Company is present.
- strong ties with local stakeholders and local communities.
Our commitment to people is upheld first and foremost by bioMérieux employees. Through their daily work, they contribute to improving health worldwide.