Microbiology laboratories must face major challenges:
- the growing scarcity of skilled technicians,
- greater pressure to provide faster results,
- an ever-increasing workload.
Lab efficiency is a key factor in meeting these challenges, since it can improve patient care and bring significant productivity gains.
The same challenges exist in the field of industrial microbiological controls: the rapid turnaround of results is crucial to ensure consumer safety, the smooth running of production operations, and the faster release of batches of finished products.
Why it’s important
- Laboratory efficiency is essential for reducing the time required to obtain results and optimizing productivity.
- It enhances laboratory performance and the use of automated systems, enabling customers to make significant productivity gains.
- It enables the optimization of resources, releasing technicians from repetitive tasks so that they can focus on tasks with higher added-value.
- Automation contributes to faster treatment decisions for patients and accelerated availability of pharmaceutical products for consumers.
Our product offering
- bioMérieux helps laboratories to meet tomorrow’s challenges, by providing them with fully automated and customized and personalized solutions like WASP® (Walk Away Specimen Processor) and PREVI® COLOR GRAM.
- bioMérieux's automated solutions have halved the time required for laboratory tests in ten years.
- We enable microbiologists to obtain results in a matter of hours instead of days. Our next challenge is to reduce those hours to minutes.
- bioMérieux aims to reinforce:
- decision-making support for biologists,
- the transfer of data to clinicians (or industries) in real time,
- remote access to data thanks to the MYLA® solution.