bioMérieux devotes considerable resources to its ambitious innovation strategy:
- internal innovation programs capitalizing on more than 50 years of experience and expertise in biology,
- international alliances with academic institutions and private research organizations, the medical community and top life science institutions,
- acquiring new technologies,
- an active international scientific and technology watch and close ties with Institut Mérieux’s research and medical departments,
- substantial financial investment, exceeding the average percentage of sales invested by companies in the diagnostics industry.
► bioMérieux coordinates the collaborative R&D project “Smart Bandage”, financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). This project aims at developing a microbial biosensor embedded in a dressing for exuding wounds allowing early detection of resistant bacteria associated to nosocomial infections.