Optimizing laboratory productivity and providing clinicians with faster and more standardized results for better patient care.
Why it’s important
- Gram staining is a critical and mandatory test performed in the microbiology laboratory.
- It is a preliminary step used to differentiate between gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
- The Gram stain is particularly useful in the presumptive diagnosis of bacterial meningitis, bacterial pneumonia, gonorrhea, and infections of the brain, lung, abdomen, and wounds.
- Traditional Gram staining is a fastidious and long procedure, requiring technical expertise, numerous manual steps and therefore lacking in reliability and reproducibility.
PREVI® Color Gram
- bioMérieux developed a rapid, automated system for Gram staining that frees lab technicians’ time for more value-added tasks.
- PREVI Color Gram is used for the automated gram staining of sample slides containing microorganisms.
- Its innovative spray technology represents a breakthrough in the automation of microbiological analysis, enabling:
- increased time-savings and standardization,
- reliable results,
- improved laboratory workflow,
- substantial cost savings,
- environmental protection: just enough reagent is used for the number of slides programmed and reagent waste is collected in a dedicated container.
- PREVI Color Gram is part of bioMérieux’s range of fully-automated solutions for microbiology laboratories, including WASP® (Walk Away Specimen Processor) for the automated inoculation of culture media and Sysmex UF-1000i / 500i for urinary screening.