bioMérieux supports initiatives in the countries where we have sites and subsidiaries. We base our selection of projects on the following criteria:
- Projects in the area of public health, related to:
- our Company’s business or fields of expertise: in vitro diagnostics, the fight against infectious diseases or industrial microbiological control,
- our Company’s mission, improving public health and contributing to access to healthcare, especially in emerging countries,
- our commitment to Human Resources, particularly in the areas of health and integration in the workplace.
- Projects enabling bioMérieux to be a corporate citizen in the communities where its sites and subsidiaries are located. Requests from organizations with recognized public interest status will be given priority.
As part of the Institut Mérieux group, bioMérieux is strongly committed to public health. We dedicate most of our charitable giving to support the actions of the Fondation Mérieux and the Fondation Christophe et Rodolphe Mérieux. See also Promoting access to diagnostics.
In 2016, bioMérieux allocated €2.6 million to its sponsorship activities, €1.5 million of which were earmarked for the Mérieux Fondations.