- The frequency and quality of the Company’s labor relations are important assets for:
- building employee competencies to adapt to a changing environment (technologies, methods, markets,…)
- fostering innovation,
- attracting and retaining talented employees,
- engaging and motivating employees and encouraging team spirit within the Company.
- Social partners contribute to:
- informing the general management of employees’ needs, satisfactions, difficulties and questions,
- helping employees understand the technical, competitive and economic challenges that the company is facing and the decisions that are made to address them.
- This close collaboration enriches projects on subjects that are important for bioMérieux’s relationship with its employees and for the future of the Group:
- agreements on the job category, compensation and skills development of employees,
- advice from Works Councils on essential subjects such as the evolution of the organization and the implementation of agreements,
- proposals and monitoring of hygiene, safety and working conditions by the Committee for health, safety and working conditions (CHSCT),
- answers to individual or group requests presented by employee representatives.
Works Council meetings
The European Works Council meets twice a year.
- Works Councils within the company are informed and consulted on a variety of issues:
- company agreements,
- organizational changes,
- financial results,
- R&D strategy,
- manufacturing long-range planning,
- mid- and long-term development of the Company,
- corporate H.R. reporting,
- Health, Safety and Environment, etc.
Freedom of association
The freedom of association is a fundamental right that bioMérieux respects in all of its companies.