bioMérieux, a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics
bioMérieux designs, manufactures and markets systems and technologies for diagnostics tests used in:
- clinical applications: the analysis of a sample taken from biological fluids (blood, saliva, urine, etc.) to detect and measure the presence of disease-causing agents (bacteria, viruses, yeast) or substances produced by the body.
- industrial applications: the analysis of a sample from a product (food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, etc.) or its production environment to determine its microbiological quality and ensure consumer safety.
To perform these tests, bioMérieux proposes:
- instruments used for automated testing,
- reagents required to conduct biological tests, such as the identification of a type of bacteria, virus, or the measurement of a specific hormone or marker,
- software used to process and interpret the results of biological tests,
- services to assist laboratories in the areas of workflow and performance optimization, quality management and training.